This course will examine the options and considerations for reconstructing the temporomandibular joint and explore some of the surgical complications that can occur in implant dentistry.
At the end of this course, participants have a greater understanding of TMJ reconstruction and will know what conservative and surgical treatments should be attempted prior to considering TMJ reconstruction. They will also have a knowledge of the common complications that can occur during implant surgery. Topics include:
• TMJ reconstruction options
• Predicting which patients will benefit from TMJ reconstruction and their expected
• Managing TMJ patients post-operatively
• Minimizing and managing complications that arise during implant surgery
• Deciding when to refer a patient