Section 1 – Policy Overview
1. University OMF Surgery Associates (University OMF) is committed to collecting, using and disclosing the Personal Information provided to it by visitors to the website found at (the “Site”) in compliance with all applicable federal and provincial privacy laws in Canada (“Privacy Legislation”).
Section 2 – Personal Information
1. Federal privacy legislation, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), applies to “personal information” about an “identifiable individual” but does not include name, title, business address and business phone number used for business purposes.
3. University OMF does not sell or lend Personal Information it may collect to any third-party.
Section 3 – Personal Information Collected Through Website
1. A visitor to the Site does not automatically provide University OMF with Personal Information. However, the University OMF web server may collect and retain certain information related to a computer’s visit to the Site such as the IP address and domain used to access the Site, the type and version of the browser used to access the Site, the date and time of the visit, the page that the Site was entered and exited by; and, the address of any referrer website if the visiting computer was referred to the Site by a search engine or another website.
2. The Site uses Google Analytics™ to record the IP addresses of computers that connect to the Site. Google Analytics™ uses these addresses to generate geographically related statistics which assist University OMF with the administration of the Site. University OMF does not attempt to link the IP addresses of the computers that have visited the Site with the identities of individuals.
3. The Site also uses “cookies” which are small data files transferred to a user’s hard drive by the web browser when a user visits the Site. A transferred cookie can only be read by the Site when a user returns to the Site. Cookies are used to identify users and track their preferences so that a user’s experience with the Site may be customized accordingly. If a user does not want to have a cookie placed upon their hard drive by the Site most web browsers allow users to change this preference to disallow cookies; however, note that this could change the functionality of the Site.
Section 4 – Linking to Third Party Websites
1. The Site may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to visitors to the Site and not as an endorsement by University OMF of the contents of such third-party sites. University OMF disclaims all responsibility for the privacy practices, policies, or other privacy related matters associated with the third–party websites to which the Site is linked.
2. University OMF recommends that visitors who link to third-party websites through the Site thoroughly review the privacy policies of those third-party websites prior to providing personal information.
Section 5- Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
1. University OMF collects Personal Information submitted by visitors to the Site as follows:
- through the “contact” portion of the Site;
- by corresponding with a representative of University OMF via e-mail using hyperlinks created for that purpose;
- through submitting an XRay or filling out the online referral form.
2. This Personal Information is used by University OMF to establish or manage its relationship with visitors to the Site, to respond to the queries of visitors and to facilitate receipt of University OMF information and services.
3. University OMF restricts the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the identified purposes.
Section 6 – Providing Consent
1. By providing Personal Information to University OMF, the individual’s consent to University OMF using that Personal Information for the identified purposes is implied by Privacy Legislation.
2. Individuals who have provided University OMF with their Personal Information may withdraw their consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information at any time upon reasonable written notice to University OMF. The withdrawal of an individual’s consent may affect University OMF’s ability to continue to provide an individual with the services that the individual has or would like to receive.
Section 7- Protection of Personal Information
1. Physical, technical and procedural safeguards are utilized by University OMF to protect the Personal Information provided to it from loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification or destruction. The nature of the safeguards will vary depending upon the sensitivity of the Personal Information collected.
2. While University OMF endeavours to protect and secure the Personal Information provided to it through the Site, data transmissions over the Internet are always subject to some risk of unauthorized access or disclosure. As a result, University OMF does not warrant the security of the Personal Information provided to it through the Site and visitors assume any risk associated with the transmission of that Personal Information.
For questions, please contact University OMF at (902) 473-6855.