If you experience any of the following:
- Bleeding from the wound
- Discharge from the wound
- Difficulty swallowing or breathing
- Significant nausea and/or vomiting
- Increasing pain or pain not improving
- Significant increase in swelling
- Shift in bite (your teeth move, so it feels different when you bite into something)
- The loss of several elastics or wires causing a loosening of the jaw immobilization (if present)
Call 902-473-5238 between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Messages will be returned as soon as possible.
If it’s busy or outside of the above hours, call 902-473-2222 and ask for the oral surgery resident on call. Stay on the line and the resident will be with you shortly.
Call the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic, Victoria General site between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
The phone number is 902-473-2070. Messages will be returned as soon as possible.